- Safety Management
- Get involved
???? Attention to all parents: Live Event that happened on Tuesday 10th of November, 4.30pm (AEDT)
Topic: ‘Strengthening Teens’
Strengthening Teens – Michelle Mitchell
THIS EVENT WAS RECORDED AND A LINK SENT TO ALL THOSE WHO REGISTERED. SO IF YOU COULDN’T MAKE IT ON THE DAY DON’T WORRY.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TOWARDS CHILDSAFE TO CONTINUE TO PREVENT HARM AND ABUSE OF CHILDREN.
CHILDSAFE is delighted to have an important a practical chat about mental health and coping strategies suitable for those who live with and work with teens.
Given the state of Australia right now we feel this is critically important.
Some of the questions we will discuss are:
1. What are you some signs that kids aren’t coping? As opposed to just being difficult teenagers?
2. Self-harm is an area of passion for you, what can you offer parents or people working with teens?
3. What are some really practical suggestions for those living with and working with teens who are self-harming?
4. Just say we have a teen who we think would benefit from support, but we are afraid to bring up the topic in case they feel labeled / and re have a fairly good idea they won’t be open to talking to someone? What’s the best approach?
5. How do we help our teens help their friends, without getting overwhelmed themselves?
6. Some communication tips for working with intense teens.
About Michelle Mitchell: Michelle Mitchell is an award-winning speaker and bestselling parenting author. She has been termed ‘the teenage expert’ by the media and is sought after for her compassionate and grounded advice for parenting tweens and teens. Michelle started her career as a teacher, but soon discovered a special interest in wellbeing. She left teaching in 2000 and founded Youth Excel, a ‘boutique’ health promotion charity which
delivered tailor-made life skills programs and psychological services to thousands of young people and their families each year. Today she uses her experience to write and speak in schools, community events, and
Please help support us