Developing a ChildSafe Culture
Developing a culture of child safety
ChildSafe Australia recognises that developing a child safe culture is a journey that takes time, resources, and investment. Every organisation’s journey of child safety implementation has a unique starting point. Every organisation has a distinct environment and child safety context. Organisations face a challenge to meet legislative requirements, implement national child safety principles, meet state standards, and develop policies and procedures.
ChildSafe can journey with your organisation and empower you to develop a culture of safe people, safe programs and safe places.
ChildSafe have designed the ChildSafe Journey program to engage and empower organisations to move from knowledge of child safety to actively embedding the principles into everyday practice.
The process is customised to recognise your unique child safety environment and organisational goals.
The ChildSafe Journey is designed to help your organisation:
- Evaluate your current child safety practices
- Engage your leadership team
- Educate your team members and volunteers
- Equip diverse and effective child safety teams
- Empower your teams to identify improvements for their environments
- Evaluate the improvements and celebrate the wins
- Embed the changes in a sustainable, ongoing program
- Elevate your organisation’s child safety culture