This policy applies to the ChildSafe Limited suite of websites:
Some aspects of the policy are relevant only to users with login access to Safety Management Online.
- Your access to this site is provided to you by an organisation within which you are operating (unless you are the Site Administrator, in which case access has been provided directly by ChildSafe Limited). A Subscription Agreement is in place between your organisation and ChildSafe Limited, which details the basis by which this site is provided to you and your organisation. The Subscription Agreement governs the relationship with Members, Partners and Full Customisation Users.
- It is your organisation, and not ChildSafe Limited, that has asked you to input your personal information into this site.
Our Commitment to your Privacy
- We are committed to treating your personal information with respect and abiding by the Privacy Law requirements of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
- If you have any questions, concerns or comments concerning this policy, the way it applies to you or in relation to your personal information generally, we suggest that you contact the administrator of your organisation in the first instance.
Collection of Personal Information
A. Collection of Personal Information by your organisation
- Your organisation collects your personal information within this site for the purpose of properly performing its functions and activities. These functions and activities include the safe delivery of services and activities to children and young people, for which it utilises ChildSafe Online.
- In performing these functions and activities, your organisation requires you to input your personal information into this website, for that organisation’s use and possible disclosure. Your organisation has the primary possession of the personal information, for its broad functions and activities.
B. Collection of Personal Information by ChildSafe Limited
- Upon input of your personal information into this website, the personal information is also in the possession of ChildSafe Limited. The purpose for which ChildSafe Limited has collected your personal information is to:
1. Supply the SMO system to your organisation;
2. Enable your organisation to fully utilise theSMO system;
3. Respond to any concerns raised by your organisation in relation to the delivery of SMO; and
- You are able to gain access to your personal information that is collected on SMO in the manner provided for in the National Privacy Principles by contacting your organisation.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Your organisation and ChildSafe Limited will access, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose in which the personal information was collected.
- Additionally, the conduct of ChildSafe Limited’s business may make it necessary to disclose some of your personal information to the following sorts of persons or organisations:
1. Our web / server host and administrator;
2. Persons involved in providing us with professional advice and assistance, including our accountants and lawyers.
Accurate and up-to-date personal information
- Our commitment is to seek to take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurately recorded, complete and up-to-date.
- However, because SMO is a user based on-line system, we rely upon you to advise your organisation of any changes to your personal information. ChildSafe Limited will generally not contact users regarding the accuracy of personal information recorded within SMO.
Protecting your personal information
- We are committed to taking all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- The ways we do this include:
1. Ensuring that electronically stored personal information is secured in an environment with both password and firewall protection. The personal information is predominantly accessed by your organisation, and is only accessed by ChildSafe Limited where necessary for our purposes.
2. Please contact your organisation directly in relation to their storage and filing practices.
3. If someone, either within or outside ChildSafe Limited, makes an inquiry for part or all of your personal information, ensuring that we have authority under the National Privacy Principles to provide that information to them and taking reasonable steps to establish their identity before doing so.
Access to and correction of your personal information
- We are committed to observing the National Privacy Principles in relation to providing you with access to your personal information on request. In the first instance, we ask that you contact your organisation for access to your personal information.
- The National Privacy Principles provide limited exemptions to this general rule and in the event that we were to deny access we would also provide our reasons for doing so.
- We are also committed to observing the National Privacy Principals in not using government identifiers in the storage of your personal information.
- Your personal information overseas
- Again we are committed to observing the National Privacy Principles in respect of providing only very limited situations where your personal information may need to be used outside the Australian jurisdiction.
Your Sensitive Information
- We are committed to observing the National Privacy Principles of not collecting sensitive information about you unless we come within exemptions set out in those principles.
- Sensitive information includes information about race or ethnic origin, details of health, disability and sexual orientation, or criminal record.
This Policy was adopted by ChildSafe Limited on 10th July 2007 and may change from time to time.