Safety Management Online
Our aim is to help you create a culture of safety for children and young people. Safety Management Online (SMO) has been built to facilitate this aim within your organisation. This sophisticated system manages people's appointment and tracks their training. It provides a framework for all of your programs to operate safely. Online training is available, along with a huge range of resources.
SMO is in essence a compliance system, bringing rigour to organisational processes and facilitating accountability for safety issues. You are invited to subscribe to SMO and take advantage of a package of access and support that will greatly assist you with the safety of children and young people.
ChildSafe printed publications and SMO work together to provide effective implementation.
ChildSafe has adopted a new fee structure that will enable subscribing organisations to use ChildSafe resources for a modest annual fee that directly supports ChildSafe’s work. The annual subscription starts at $375 + GST, plus a one-off set up fee of $260 + GST for creating your own unique SMO sub-site. The subscription expands relative to organisation size and use.
Subscriber benefits include:
- Significant training tools to support safety practice.
- Significant appointment and screening mechanisms in SMO.
- ChildSafe Policy and Code of Practice.
- ChildSafe e-Newsletters providing up to date support and references.
- Wide range of other practical ChildSafe resources.
- Use of Safety Management Online (SMO) as a practical online tool for managing an organisation’s safety procedures.
ChildSafe’s pricing structure makes its resources available at a reasonable price for community organisations both large and small. An organisation may operate from one site or be made up of a large number of small organisations or sites. The subscriptions are scaled accordingly by type. Contact ChildSafe for more details or for a quote.
Making it work
You will want to see ChildSafe implemented properly throughout your organisation. We want you to select the most useful package from the options we offer. Two key factors will influence your ability to implement ChildSafe:
- All people have the appropriate printed publications for their level of responsibility.
- Use of SMO, greatly assisting implementation, accountability, record keeping and administration.
The expense involved in subscribing to a ChildSafe Package is a fraction of the cost in time and expertise that is involved in the development of such a comprehensive Safety Management System.