Body Safety, Education and Training Resources
All organisations working with children must now be able to demonstrate how they are child safe – consistent to their state standards or principles. At ChildSafe, we are serious about creating safer environments for children, and one way we’re doing this is through our partnership with Jayneen Sanders and Educate 2 Empower Publishing, to deliver some excellent resources and training in the area of body safety and consent.
What’s our philosophy to Body Safety Education and Training?
We don’t train children we train the educators of children. There is a really good reason for this.
Part of the Body Safety lesson plans talks about the importance of building a trusted safety network. These are 5 people that the children can trust to talk about anything to especially if they feel unsafe or scared. These are commonly family members, teachers, chaplains, support workers, and friends.
We feel that it is critically important that the educators who spend the most time with the children are the ones to talk about Body Safety with them. We feel this gives the best opportunity for support and ongoing learning.
What’s included in the Educator training?
In this necessary training, you will learn how to use the resources and most importantly how to teach and empower children to understand the ‘5 body safety rules’ to protect children from harm and abuse. These 10 lesson plans and the included resources are able to be easily embedded in the school, kinder, child care curriculums, Sunday school curriculum, or another educational teaching curriculum.
We are able to match this 120-minute training to suit your needs and requirements either as face-to-face or as an online webinar.
What’s included in the resources?
The resources you choose depend on which age you will be teaching. We have both Pre School and Primary School packs and include the following:
Teachers Pack includes –
- Some Secrets Should Never Be Kept (hard cover)
- No Means No!
- My Body! What I Say Goes!
- No Difference Between Us
- Pearl Fairweather, Pirate Captain
- You, Me and Empathy
- Let’s Talk About Body Boundaries, Consent and Respect
- Body Safety Education
- 1 full colour A2 laminated Feelings Poster
- 10 full colour laminated Safe/Unsafe A5 cards
- Body Safety Professional Development for Teachers PowerPoint
- Body Safety Education for Parents PowerPoint
- 1 x zip-up plastic wallet
- Body Safety Lessons
- Respectful Relationships and Gender Equality Lessons
- Black Line Resource Masters
- My Body Safety Activity Book
- Body Safety Skills: A Guide for Parents and Carers hand-out sheet
- Lyrics for the Body Safety song ‘My Body is My Body‘ hand-out sheet
- My Body Safety Rules Poster
- My Early Warning Signs Poster
- We are a Child Safe… Poster
- Tips to Promote Gender Equality Poster
- Sample letter home (also available as an editable Microsoft Word file)
What organisations will benefit from this training?
If you belong to a school, church, childcare centre, sporting club or any organisation that connects to children, then these resources and training will be a valuable means for demonstrating your organisations commitment to the safety and wellbeing of the children in your care and protecting and empowering your children.
What is the Price of Training and Resources?
(Face to face / Zoom) 120min Body Safety Education and Consent Training and all resources including 2 teachers packs.
$980 (per group of 1 – 50 educators/leaders)
**To get an extra Teachers pack of resources it will be $180 per pack and for example, for a Primary School of around 300 students we would recommend one training and 3 Teachers Resource Packs.**
We also believe in a ‘whole of community approach’ which means we also run Parenting Workshops to inform parents of what children will be learning, the need for Body Safety Education in the organisation and how they can support their children at home so the learning continues.